Grilled Greek Chicken Kabobs With Cucumber SauceFOODISTA
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch squares)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon marjoram (dried)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cucumber (large, peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Add all ingredients except the chicken in a bowl and mix well. Pour marinade into a large plastic freezer bag and add the chicken breasts. Press out the air and seal. Refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from freezer bag and pour remaining marinade into a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 8 minutes. Note: Never reuse a marinade that has had raw meat soaking in it unless you first boil it for several minutes. Allow to cool.
- Slide chicken pieces onto the skewers.
- Prepare a gas or charcoal grill. Over high heat, grill skewers for 5 to 7 minutes per side, rotating and basting frequently with the reserved marinade. When cooked through, remove from grill. Serve with cucumber sauce.
- Prepare the Cucumber Sauce. Whisk onion, garlic, salt and pepper to the yogurt. Add cucumber and mix well.
|Calories730Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.