Grilled Exotic Mushrooms With Tasso Cream Sauce Over Angel HairFOODISTA
- 4 cups mushrooms (assorted exotic, cleaned andstemmed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- creole seasoning
- 4 ounces ham (small-diced Home-Cured Tasso)
- 2 tablespoons shallots (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup green onions (chopped)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound fresh angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup parmigiano (grated, Regginao cheese)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the grill. In a large mixing bowl, toss the mushrooms with 1/4 cup of the oil. Season with Creole seasoning. Place the mushrooms in a grill basket. Place on the grill and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the mushrooms are wilted. Remove and cool completely, set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. When the oil is hot add the Tasso and saute for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and continue to saute for 2 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic and season with Creole seasoning. Stir in the green onions.
- Add the cream and butter and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 6 minutes or until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Season with Creole seasoning.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water for about 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked al dente. Season the pasta with salt and pepper. Add the pasta and cheese to the sauce. Toss well.
- Mound the pasta in the center of 4 plates. Garnish with parsley.
|Calories1010Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.