Grilled Cod with Potato, Leek and PepperKooking
This dinner of potatoes, cod, and leeks comes together very quickly, making it a great choice for a healthy dinner during the week. Starting the potatoes in the microwave before sauteing them helps to drastically cut down on the cooking time. The cod is lightly seasoned with a simple mixture of salt, pepper, paprika, and chile pepper, though if you want to add a bit more flavor you can easy sprinkle some fresh herbs over the top of the whole dish once it is plated.
- fresh cod fillets
- roasted red peppers
- hot smoked paprika
- ground chile
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Slice potatoes and arrange in a microwaveable silicone mold.
- 2Cook on medium-high power for about 6 minutes (or until fully cooked).
- 3Sauté cooked potatoes in a pan until golden.
- 4While the potatoes cook in the microwave, cut leek into round slices.
- 5Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté leeks until tender and set aside.
- 6Season cod with salt, pepper, paprika and ground chili.
- 7Place cod on oiled grill, skin side down.
- 8When skin is crispy, turn pieces, until cooked through, but slightly transparent.
- 9To serve, arrange grilled cod pieces over potatoes and red peppers.
- 10Top with sautéed leeks.