Grilled Chops with Spicy Red Pepper SaucePork
Roast peppers over an open flame, or grill, or broil, until black, turning to roast evenly; place in a paper or plastic bag to steam for a few minutes. The peel will slide off. Serve these chops toped with sauce along side yellow hominy, buttered broccoli spears and warm flour tortillas.
- 4 New York pork chops (top loin, 1 1/2-inches thick)
- 1 red bell pepper (large, roasted, peeled and seeded)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Place roasted pepper in blender container with cilantro, garlic, cocoa, anise, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, sugar and cayenne. Cover and blend; add yogurt, blend until smooth. Pour into serving bowl. Let stand at room temperature to allow flavors to blend. For longer storage, cover and refrigerate, bring to room temperature before serving.
- 2In small bowl combine remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, salt and pepper, rub chops with this mixture. Grill directly over a medium-hot fire OR broil 5 inches from heat source. Grill OR broil chops 12-16 minutes, turning once,until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Serve chops with red pepper sauce.
- 3Roast peppers over an open flame, or grill, or broil, until black, turning to roast evenly; place in a paper or plastic bag to steam for a few minutes. The peel will slide off. Serve these chops toped with sauce along side yellow hominy, buttered broccoli spears and warm flour tortillas.
PER SERVING *
|Calories40Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.