- 12 bacon (thick cut slices, hickory smoked, Applewood smoked or maple)
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 squares chocolate (good quality)
- 12 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg (plus 1 egg yolk)
- 2 cups flour
- 3 3/8 ounces vanilla pudding mix (instant French, dry, not prepared*)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Make the cookies: In a bowl, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar for 1 to 2 minutes until light and very fluffy. Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk, and mix well. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated and dough comes together. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover very tightly and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll dough into balls (about 1 1/2 inch) and space 2 to 3 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned on top. Allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.