- 7 ounces elbow pasta (mini)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 grilled chicken (skin removed, torn into bite-sized strips)
- 1 red pepper (small, seeds and stalk removed, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 green pepper (small, seeds and stalk removed, cut into bite-sized pices)
- 6 green onions (sliced thinly)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1 handful basil leaves (chopped finely)
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup aged cheddar cheese (grated, plus extra for topping)
- 1/4 cup parmesan (grated)
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges (to serve)
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook for 8 mins until almost al dente. Drain pasta and toss in 1 tbsp oil. Allow pasta to cool, then combine in bowl with chicken, peppers, green onions, garlic and basil.
- Put 1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Add spinach and cook over medium-high heat for 2 mins or until just wilted. Drain and squeeze out excess water then chop finely. Add to pasta mix.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Add cheeses, chili flaks, and seasoning. Pour into pasta mix, coating all ingredients thoroughly.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat, then add contents of bowl to frying pan. Cook over low-medium heat for 10 to 15 mins or until eggs are just set.
- Remove frittata from heat, and sprinkle with extra Cheddar cheese. While still in frying pan, place frittata under a hot broiler, cooking until surface is golden and bubbling. Serve hot or cold, with a wedge of lemon on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories940Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.