- 1/2 pound bacon slices (cut into ½-inch pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups onions (chopped, 1 medium)
- 2 cups chopped kale (packed, 500 ml, tough stems removed, about 1 bunch)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 13 3/4 ounces refrigerated pizza dough (391 g)
- 8 ounces cooked chicken (chopped)
- 4 ounces brie cheese (cut into 8 slices)
- Cook bacon in large non-stick pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove from pan with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
- Add onions to pan. Sauté on medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until caramelized. Add kaleand salt. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until excess liquid evaporates and kale softens, stirring often. Stir in bacon. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat KitchenAid® Countertop Oven to 425°F and place Oven Rack in Position D.
- Unroll pizza crust onto clean work surface. Cut in half crosswise, then in half lengthwise to create 4 rectangles. Press or roll each piece to 7 x 5-inch rectangle.
- Cover half of each dough piece with kale filling, chicken and cheese.Fold rectangle in half to enclose filling. Seal edges with fork. Arrange on Broiler Pan coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until dough is fully cooked and golden brown.
- Chef’s Tip: Use any variety of fillings you like – A great way to dress up leftovers!Substitute cooked Italian sausage for the chicken and fresh ricotta (or any other cheese you like) for the Brie. Add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to each calzone for a little heat.