Grilled Chicken With Veggies and Honey Yogurt DipFOODISTA
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 mushrooms (regular)
- 1/3 white onion
- 3 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- First, tenderize and chop the chicken into thin pieces, about bite size. Then, put the raw chicken in the Ziploc bag. Put half a cup of lemon juice and half a cup of orange juice in the bag with the chicken. Chop the two lemons and the three oranges in half. Squeeze two lemons halves and three orange halves into the bag and drop the left over rinds in the bag as well. Next, chop up the veggies into bite size pieces. Put the veggies in the bag and repeat the same process as with the first bag. Add a pinch of sea salt in both bags. But both full Ziplocs in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours.
- When you are ready to eat, start making the sauce. Simply combine the mayo and yogurt then add the curry powder and honey. Stir, and you are ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, start grilling your veggies and chicken on a grill. You can skewer them and make kebobs, or simply grill them in separate pieces. If it’s chilly out, and you have no grill, just use a skillet. Cook the chicken first, and then do the veggies.
- I like to serve the veggies and sauce over a bed of lemon rice. To make lemon rice, simply make a pot of rice then stir fry the rice in butter, lemon juice (lots of lemon juice!!) and a bit of oregano.
- Note: This dish is very flexible. Add different veggies or meat. Add more lemon juice, less, different citrus fruits (like lime) the choice is yours!