Recipe courtesy of Darla Shine, author of Happy Housewives
- 2 cups fully-cooked boneless ham (cut into 1/2-inch cubes, about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (OR plain fine-dry bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- nonstick spray
- 3 russet potatoes (medium, peeled, if desired and sliced 1/8-inch thick, about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 roma tomatoes (medium, seeded and chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded, 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss together bread crumbs and butter in small bowl until combined; set crumb mixture aside.
- Lightly coat an 8-inch-square baking dish with nonstick spray. Toss together potato slices and flour in a large bowl until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Layer half each of potatoes, ham, tomato and cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese. Drizzle cream over top.
- Tightly cover baking dish with foil. Bake in heated oven for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with crumb topping mixture. Continue baking, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.