- 1 eggplant (medium)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon basil (chopped)
- 1 pound carrots (peeled)
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- feta (optional)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Place the Smart Oven+ Grill Attachment in oven. Select GRILL Mode and preheat Grill to Medium High heat setting.
- Cut eggplant into ½-inch rounds. Sprinkle with sea salt and drain in colander for 10 minutes. Rinse and pat dry with paper towel. Brush both sides very lightly with grapeseed oil. Arrange on preheated grill and cook 7-8 minutes per side, until charred and softened and golden brown. Remove from grill and place in bowl. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- To make Baba Ghanoush, peel skin away from eggplant and add garlic, lemon juice and tahini. Place in work bowl of food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add cilantro and basil, pulsing 3-4 times. Season with sea salt. Set aside until ready to use. Can be made 1 day ahead and stored in refrigerator.
- Peel carrots and cut in half lengthwise. Brush with grapeseed oil and season with sea salt, pepper, cayenne and cumin. Arrange evenly spaced on Grill and cook 4-5 minutes per side until charred and beginning to soften. Carrots will still be a bit crunchy inside.
- Transfer to platter and drizzle with lemon juice. To serve, spread Baba Ghanoush on platter or individual plates. Top with carrots and arugula. Sprinkle a bit of feta on top, if you like.