- 4 porterhouse (bone-in loin) pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 12 ounces pineapple juice (unsweetened, 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 scallions (white parts sliced into thin rounds)
- 3 tablespoons ginger (peeled and minced)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (reduced-sodium)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (dark)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Mix pineapple juice, white parts of scallions, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, pepper and salt together in large, resealable bag. Add chops, seal bag and refrigerate for 2 to 10 hours.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Brush grill grate clean and lightly oil grate. Remove chops from marinade, shaking off excess marinade. Do not pat dry. Discard remaining marinade. Grill chops directly over heat, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, 8 to 10 minutes, followed by a 3-minute rest time.