Risotto is a wonderful base to any dish. It also is perfect as a side dish to any decadent main dish. This recipe for Greens Risotto is paired with a wonderful octopus dish, so it requires using the water from cooking the octopus. You will love the aromatic and decadent flavors in this hearty and healthy dish. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this delicious side dish as much as we do.
- cooking water (from octopus)
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 150 milliliters white wine
- 1 bunch turnip greens
- grated parmesan cheese
- Boil the water used to cook the octopus.
- Put the olive oil in a pan and add the onion and minced garlic.
- Sauté for two minutes and add the rice.
- Fry until the berries turn white, stirring constantly.
- Add the butter.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool off with the white wine and let it evaporate.
- Slowly ,add a scoop of the hot water from cooking the octopus.
- Stir and as soon as it disappears, add another, always stirring so that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Season with a pinch of salt.
- Halfway through the cooking, add the greens, and let the cooking finish, always stirring and slowly adding water.
- Just before removing from heat, add grated Parmesan cheese and stir well to involve.
- Rectify the seasoning and if necessary, add a pinch of hand harvested salt.
PER SERVING *
|Calories370Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.