- 1 onion (medium)
- olive oil
- 3 cups green chiles (Roasted peeled, more or less)
- ground cumin (Freshly)
- toasted sesame oil
- soy sauce
- garlic powder
- tortilla (above)
- colby cheese
- tofu (mixture, above)
- sauce (Green, above)
- To make green sauce: saute a medium onion in olive oil with garlic until almost tranluscent. Add in a few cups of roasted peeled green chile. (I add mine frozen and let it defrost). cook for a while. Add enough water to just barely cover, not too much. Add salt. Add freshly ground cumin and oregano.
- Blenderize until sort of smooth, about the constistency of tomato sauce.
- To make tortillas: Mix enough harina masa (from Quaker Oats) with water and salt so that it makes a nice dough that's not too moist but not too dry.
- Let it sit coverd by saran wrap for about ten minutes. There should be about three or four golf ball sized balls.
- Form into three golf balls worth. Flatten between two pieces of wax paper with a flat plate. Cook on ungreased wok or skillet till done but not hard.
- To make enchiladas filing: crumble tofu and squeeze out water. Add a tiny bit of toasted sesame oil, a little soy sauce, some garlic powder and some salt.
- To make enchiladas: Put a tortilla in baking pan. Put a small piece of colby cheese, some tofu, cover with green sauce, Then add another tortilla and do the same, making three tortillas with two layers. Don't try to roll them; they'll break.
- Bake for 10 minutes in 350 oven.