Green Tea and Japanese Cherry YogurtHoje para Jantar
This recipe calls for an unusual method for brewing the tea: First you heat up some milk (skim is called for here, but you can use whichever type you like) and then add the tea leaves and bring just to a boil before letting them steep, off the heat. Once you strain out the leaves, the tea mixture is cooled and combined with plain yogurt and sugar and put into a yogurt maker.
- 800 milliliters skim milk
- 3 teaspoons green tea (Japanese cherry)
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- 1 natural yogurt
- 80 grams sugar
- 1Pour the milk in a pan and warm it up.
- 2Add the tea and turn off as soon as it starts boiling.
- 3Steep for about 10 minutes.
- 4Strain the tea leaves and let it cool to 50 degrees Celsius, or until you can put your finger in it without getting burned.
- 5Add the powdered milk, yogurt, and sugar and beat with a whisk or an electric mixer.
- 6Pour liquid into the glasses and place in the yogurt maker for 10 hours.
- 7Once done, refrigerate the yogurt.