- 2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder (sifted)
- 135 milliliters egg whites
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (sifted)
- 3/4 cup icing (ready-to-use cream cheese)
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F(or 375°F for convection oven).Combine powdered sugar, almond flour and 2 teaspoons green tea powder in medium bowl; set aside.
- Add egg whites and granulated sugar to bowl of KitchenAid®Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach bowl and Wire Whip to mixer. Gradually turn to Speed 10and whip until egg whites form stiff peaks. Remove Wire Whip and replace with Flat Beater. Add almond mixture. Turn to Speed 1 and mix until combined.
- Transfer mixture to piping bag fitted with medium round tip. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats. Pipe batter onto sheets in ½-inch-diameter circles, 1-inch apart. Batter should yield about 60 cookies. Let stand 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Add icing and 1 teaspoon green tea powder to mixer bowl. Attach bowl and Flat Beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Assemble macaroons using about 1 teaspoon filling for each cookie sandwich. Press together gently.