- 2 teaspoons green tea leaves (loose, good quality, 10 ml)
- 1 1/2 cups cream (whipping, 35%%, 375 ml)
- 1/2 cup whole milk (homogenized, 125 ml)
- 1/4 cup sugar (60 ml)
- 1/2 vanilla beans (scraped)
- 4 egg yolks
- sugar (for brulee topping)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the whipping cream, milk, sugar, vanilla bean and the green tea leaves in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to just to a boil. Remove from heat and cover. Let mixture steep for 15 minutes to develop flavour.
- In a stainless steel bowl whisk the egg yolks. To make the custard, continue to stir egg yolks as you slowly pour the hot cream mixture over the yolks. Strain custard. Pour or ladle evenly into four 6-ounce ramekins or gratin pans.
- Bake in a water bath by placing ramekins into a shallow baking pan. Carefully pour enough boiling water into the baking pan so the water comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake just until custard centres jiggle slightly when pan is moved, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from water bath. Cool custard to room temperature. Refrigerate and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp. of sugar on top of the custards. Caramelize the sugar with a creme brulee torch or directly under the broiler.
PER SERVING *
|Calories350Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Irish Cream Creme BruleeThe Crumby Kitchen
Vanilla Marshmallow Creme BruleeFood52
Masala Chai Creme BruleeCook With Manali
Amazing Green Tea CakeManila Spoon
Green Tea Creme BruleeFoodista
Pistachio Rose Creme BruleeShrimp Salad Circus
Easy Vanilla Green Tea Cupcakes From A BoxHomemade and Yummy
Matcha Green Tea Chia PuddingChoosing Raw
Matcha Green Tea JellyKirbie's Cravings
Matcha Green Tea Chia PuddingFearless Dining
Espresso Crème BrûléeAsian at Home
Creme BruleeThe Kitchen is My Playground
Keto Matcha Crème BrûléeMy Sweet Keto
Green Tea Crêpe CakeZen Can Cook
Matcha Green Tea MilkshakesA Cookie Named Desire
Green Tea Matcha Coconut IcecreamLucie McAdams
Green Tea Coconut Popsicles40 Aprons
Japanese Green Tea Cheesecake Delicious Dessert In Under 30 Minutes!Grandma Juice