These savory sachets are baked instead of fried for a low fat pastry that will delight. Perfect as a light breakfast, afternoon snack, or tasty appetizer, these turnovers are full of savory flavors. Substitute other vegetables for ham to make vegetarian. Purchase your pastry or make your own.
- 1 package caldo verde (vegetable soup mix)
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams ham
- olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 35 sheets pastry (Samosa, or brick pastry)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Begin by blanching the green soup in 1/2 cup of boiling water, seasoned with salt, for about 5 minutes. (Use more water if necessary) Remove from heat.
- Simultaneously, boil the eggs for 11 minutes, and chop the ham into small pieces.
- Chop the cooked eggs.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat, add the finely chopped garlic cloves, and saute.
- Add the green broth, and stir.
- Add the ham, and the already chopped boiled eggs, and mix.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt, remove from heat, and let it cool for a little bit.
- Next, assemble the turnovers with the samosa pastry. The photos show how to work the dough so the turnovers don't open while baking.
- Place the turnovers on a baking tray, and bake the dough is golden brown.
- Serve right out of the oven for a crispy snack.