Rice is a hearty and healthy side dish or base to any meal. This Green Rice Gratin is decadent, rich, creamy, and cheesy. If you need something a little more substantial than a typical rice dish, then give this a try. In just 50 minutes you can have a decadent and delicious side dish the family will love. So make sure to add these ingredients to your next grocery shopping list and surprise your family with this dish.
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 stick butter (approximately 50 grams)
- 250 grams sour cream
- 399 grams chihuahua cheese (or other soft mild cheese)
- Rinse the rice in cold water until cleaned, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Blend the water, parsley, cilantro, onion and garlic in a blender until well mixed, approximately 2 minutes.
- Place a little oil into a pan and add the rice, stirring slightly for 30 seconds. Add the blended mixture and allow to come to a boil before lowering the heat to low and covering. Allow to cook for 20 minutes.
- Grease a pan with a little bit of butter and melt the rest of the butter, adding it to the rice along with the cream and half of the grated cheese.
- Place the entire mixture into the baking pan and place the rest of the cheese on the top, in slices.
- Bake 20 minutes on 180 C until the cheese browns.
|Calories510Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.