You may have tried Green Eggs and Ham but have you tried Green Rice? If not, you will fall in love with this recipe. This Green Rice recipe is not only healthy but it is packed with bold wondeful flavors not typically found in rice. Let us know about your experience cooking this recipe in the comments below. You can also give this Green Rice recipe a star rating so other users can learn about your experience as well. Happy Cooking!
- 2/3 cup rice
- 1 poblano pepper
- 4 spinach leaves
- 1 onion (small)
- 1/2 cup parsley (and coriander leaves and stems, equal portions)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Let the rice soak in hot water for 10 minutes. Strain and clean the rice until the water comes out clear. Set the rice aside
- Clean and remove the seeds from the poblano pepper and cut into thick strips.
- Cut the spinach into thick strip, the liquefy the spinach, onion, parsley, and coriander in a food processor.
- Add salt and water and set the mixture aside.
- Set a pan or casserole on the stove and pour the vegetable and garlic powder into it. Throw the rice in and cook it until it begins to change color and crackle.
- Once this happens pour the liquefied mixture into the pan, lower the heat to a low flame and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes, making sure that the water completely evaporates from the rice.
- Cover the rice and let it sit for another 15 minutes so that it can cook, and soak up the ingredients.
- Carefully stir and mix up the rice with a fork, and serve it on a plate.