- 2 red onion (chopped)
- 1 pound tomatillos (husked, rinsed, and halved)
- 3 jalapeno chilies (stemmed, seeded and halved)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup cilantro leaves (chopped fresh)
- 10 flour tortillas (warmed)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the onions, tomatillos, jalapenos, and garlic with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and spread on a baking sheet.
- Roast until soft and starting to brown, about 20 to 30 minutes, stirring twice during roasting.
- Meanwhile, in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the oil and heat.
- Brown the pork, in batches, until well-browned.
- When browned, add all of the pork back to the pan and cover with chicken stock.
- Add the roasted vegetables, cover the pan and place in the oven.
- Cook until the pork is very tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- While pork is cooking, place the cilantro in a food processor. Add 2 tablespoons of water and puree.
- Remove the pork from the oven and stir in the cilantro puree. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas.
PER SERVING *
|Calories950Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Pork and White Bean ChiliTwo Lucky Spoons
Crockpot Pulled Pork ChiliSlow Cooker Gourmet
Pressure Cooker Chili Verde (Green Pork Chili)Dad Cooks Dinner
Salsa Verde Mexican Pork ChiliJust a Pinch
Slow Cooker Southwestern Pork ChiliNew Leaf Wellness
Carne Adovada (New Mexico-Style Pork With Red Chilies)Serious Eats
Pork Hatch Green ChiliThree Olives Branch
Pork & Black Bean ChiliAndrew Zimmern
New Mexican Red Pork Chili Carne AdovadaGlebe Kitchen
Green Pork Chili "Chili Verde"The Taste Place
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork ChiliSlow Cooker Gourmet
Easy Pork and 3-Bean ChiliSerious Eats
Buffalo Muffaletta SandwichHellmann's
Shredded Pork in Red ChiliMartha Stewart
Pork & Turkey Chili, with Zesty Corn MuffinsAllison Eats
Pork Verde ChiliThe Baker Upstairs
Green Enchilada Pork ChiliThe Girl Who Ate Everything
Green Pork ChiliFoodista
Slow Cooker Chili Verde (Green Pork Chili)Dad Cooks Dinner
Roast Pork Loin With Poblano Chile SauceHellmann's
Red Pork and Bean ChiliEpicurious
Roasted Poblanos Stuffed w/ Pulled Pork Chili VerdeI Breathe... I'm Hungry...
Pork & Beans ChiliClean Eating
Slow Cooker New Mexican Red Pork ChiliJessica Gavin