- 6 tablespoons Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 poblano peppers (chopped)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup long grain white rice (uncooked)
- 1 pound rock shrimp (uncooked peeled and deveined, or medium shrimp)
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning (all-purpose, with pepper)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- cilantro sprigs
- lime wedges
- HEAT 3 tablespoons oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and poblano pepper; saute 3 minutes. Add chicken broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro, salt and pepper. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. When cool, pour broth mixture into blender container. Cover and process until smooth.
- HEAT 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add rice; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth mixture; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- HEAT 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle shrimp with adobo seasoning. Add to skillet and saute 2 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, stirring frequently. Spoon rice mixture onto serving plates. Top with shrimp. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
|Calories480Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.