Garnish soup with ham & green pea salsa, sour cream and remaining 2 tablespoons of diced ham.
- 5 tablespoons boiled ham (1-inch cubed)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 spanish onion (OR white onion, finely chopped)
- 5 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup green peas (cooked)
- 3 tablespoons red onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons mint (chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup ham (diced)
- Bring a medium-sized sauce pan to medium high heat. Melt butter and add 3 tablespoons of the diced ham, onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent and ham edges have caramelized. Add peas and cook for 2 minutes. Deglaze pan with white wine and cook for 5 minutes, until simmering. Add salt, water, cream and spinach and cook for another 2 minutes. Puree with a hand blender until smooth.
- For Ham and Green Pea Salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, onion, mint, parsley, olive oil, ham and mix. Add the peas and set aside.
- Garnish soup with ham & green pea salsa, sour cream and remaining 2 tablespoons of diced ham.