®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Green Eggs & Ham Sushi
Celebrate Dr. Seuss with a fun way to serve up to green eggs and ham. Recipe courtesy of Jaden Hair.
- To make sushi rice, place 2 cups rice in fine-mesh colander and rinse well to remove excess starch; drain. Transfer to a 2 1/2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan. Add 2 cups water. Cover with tight fitting lid and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low or medium-low. Very gently simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Transfer rice to a large baking dish or bowl. Slightly cool. Sprinkle with rice vinegar; toss until combined. Cool to room temperature. Cover with damp towel to prevent rice from drying out.
- Meanwhile, for spinach-egg filling, squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Finely chop spinach. Combine spinach, eggs, and salt in small bowl. Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add spinach-egg mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but still glossy. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- To assemble sushi rolls: For each roll, place seaweed sheet, shiny side down, on bamboo mat. Using wet hands, spread a scant 1 1/4 cups sushi rice evenly on seaweed sheet to within 3/4 inch of edge nearest you and opposite side. Place 1 1/2 or 2 slices of ham across the center of the rice. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of spinach-egg mixture in a strip across the ham.
- Use bamboo mat to lift and tightly roll sushi, jelly-roll style. Shape roll by lightly pressing roll together with damp hands. If desired, tightly wrap sushi rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours. To serve, using a wet knife, slice each roll into 6 to 8 pieces.