- 28 fluidounces coconut milk
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (each)
- 1 serrano chiles (medium, shaved slices)
- 1/4 cup galanga (fresh minced)
- 1 pound pork belly (1/8-1/4-inch slices, approximately 1" long)
- 1 bunch broccoli raab (cleaned, chopped)
- 2 cups shiitake (fresh, stemmed, 1/4-inch sliced)
- serrano chiles (As needed medium, shaved slices into rings)
- 1. In a 3- to 4-quart sauce pot, over medium heat, add coconut milk, stirring occasionally, until reduced by about half. Approximately 8 minutes. Stir as needed. It will get very thick and shiny and may or may not separate; either is fine.
- 2. Add curry paste and stock. Mix well to combine. Bring to a simmer and continue cook while whisking for 2 minutes.
- 3. Add Kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, 1 each Serrano chile, galangal and pork belly, bring to a simmer
- 4. Simmer on low and continue to cook for 5 minutes
- 5. Add broccoli raab and mushrooms. Continue to cook for an additional 5 - 10 minutes and all ingredients are tender and cooked through.
- 6. Adjust seasoning as needed
- Transfer to a serving bowl (or serve right out of the pot). Remove the lime leaves or tell your guests to eat around them. Garnish with shaved Serrano chiles.