Green Cream with CorianderAnanás e Hortelã
Pureed vegetable soups are so easy to make, and such a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your regular routine, that you'll wonder why you haven't been preparing them all along. This one is chock full of potato, zucchini, turnip greens, spinach, cabbage, and peas, but you could swap in other greens including kale, chard, or collards. Despite the "creamy" consistency, there's not an ounce of cream in the recipe.
- 1 potatoes (chopped)
- 1 zucchini (chopped)
- 1/2 onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 cups turnip greens
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 4 cabbage leaves (Portuguese)
- 1/2 cup peas
- water (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1In a large saucepan, add the potato, zucchini, onion, garlic, turnip greens, spinach, cabbage, and peas. Add water, depending on the preferred consistency. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until the vegetables are cooked, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and a little olive oil to taste.
- 2Add coriander and boil for 2 minutes.
- 3Puree the mixture in a blender, adding hot water if consistency is too thick.