- 5 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- salt (As needed)
- black pepper (As needed)
- 1 tablespoon lard (or butter)
- 2/3 cup white onion (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons a.p flour
- 1 1/2 cups pork stock
- 1 cup green chiles (chopped, roasted, de-skinned, stemmed and seeded*)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (10-inch, griddled)
- 15 eggs (seasoned, soft scrambled)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Season the boneless pork shoulder with salt and pepper all over. Place in a shallow roasting pan and into the oven for 3 hours, turning and rotating several times throughout this initial cooking time. Remove the roast and wrap tightly in foil. Return to the oven and roast for an additional 2 hours, or more as needed until completely fork tender. Let the roast cool, remove from foil and place into a bowl. Shred the meat by hand.
- 2. For the green chile sauce: Melt the lard or butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and sweat until the onion has softened. Sprinkle flour over the surface of the onions and stir to combine. While continuing to stir, add the stock in a steady stream. Add the roasted, chopped chiles, garlic, salt and cumin and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes. Taste and re-season as necessary and keep hot until ready to assemble.
- 3. To assemble the wraps:Combine the shredded Cheddar and Jack cheeses in a bowl and set aside until needed. Place a generous portion of pulled pork down the center of the tortilla (leaving the bottom inch of the tortilla clear) and top with a few spoonfuls of green chile sauce. Place a few spoonfuls of scrambled eggs over top and sprinkle with cheese. Place under a broiler or salamander to melt the cheeses. Fold the bottom of the tortilla towards the center of the wrap, followed by the left and right sides of the tortilla, leaving the top open.