The mundane routine of dinner can be difficult to surpass. It is important to keep new recipe in your back pocket in case you are feeling sick of the ordinary. Here is one for the books. Try our Green Chile Pepper Omelet. They are not only healthy b…
t packed with flavor. Try this Green Chile Pepper Omelet recipe out and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 1 tomato
- 2 tablespoons onion (minced)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup poblano peppers (cut into strips)
- ground black pepper
- white cheese (shredded, optional)
- Add the tomato to a pot of boiling salted water. Cook for a few minutes until the tomato softens. Remove the tomato from the water and add it to a blender or food processor with the onion. Puree until smooth and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the egg and mix with a pinch of salt. Heat a small frying pan on medium-low heat, add the oil, and then pour the egg into the pan.
- Allow the egg to set, the flip it using a spatula. Once the egg has finished cooking, remove it from the heat and set aside.
- in a separate frying pan, add the poblano pepper strips and add in the tomato sauce and stir well. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and cook for about five minutes.
- Add the cheese to the egg and fold in half. Top with the sauce and serve.
|Calories80Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.