Green Beans with Glazed OnionsPORK
A different green bean casserole to grace your holiday meal. Serve as part of a holiday buffet with Honey-Orange Glazed Ham or with Roasted Rack of Pork.
- 3 lb. fresh green beans (cleaned and trimmed)
- 32 oz. pearl onions (frozen, thawed)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (divided)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt (divided)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground mustard (stone-)
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- In medium saucepan, combine onions, 4 tablespoons vinegar, butter, vegetable oil, thyme, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Heat over low heat until butter is melted; stirring to coat onions. Place mixture on a baking sheet and roast in a 400 degree F oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are browned nicely; remove from oven and set aside.
- Blanch green beans in large saucepan of boiling water just until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside. In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, mustard, sugar, the remaining 4 tablespoons of the vinegar, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. In a large bowl, toss the dressing together with the onions and the green beans. Place the mixture in a large casserole dish and cover.* Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree F oven.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories210Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes