Make these Green Bean and Cottage Cheese Puffs as an appetizer for your next big event. Flaky layers of phyllo pastry envelop a creamy filling of thyme and clove seasoned cottage cheese and green beans. Topped with a dollop of pumpkin jam after baking, these savory cheesy green bean pastry puffs will steal the show. Make your own phyllo dough or purchase it premade. Make your own pumpkin jam, or use a store bought jam, but be sure to add it as it adds the perfect pop of flavor to complete these puffs.
- 12 servings
- 120 grams phyllo pastry
- olive oil
- 400 grams green beans (cut in small pieces)
- 7 fresh thyme (branches)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 170 grams cottage cheese (light)
- ground black pepper
- ground mustard
- 12 tablespoons jam (pumpkin, to taste)
- cardamom (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the filo pastry into 10 by 10 centimeter squares.
- Grease the muffin pans with olive oil, and place a pastry square in each one, as pictured. Brush with a little more olive oil.
- Boil the green beans in water for 5 minutes, with 2 branches of fresh thyme, salt, and 1 garlic clove.
- After baking, remove the thyme, season with a little bit of olive oil, and set aside.
- Open package of light cream cheese, and crush the cheese with a fork. Season with salt, pepper, ground mustard, and fresh thyme.
- Place the green beans in the filo pastry, and top with the cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until edges of the dough edges turn golden.
- To serve, place 1 tablespoon of pumpkin jam on top, and sprinkle with cardamom to taste.
PER SERVING *
|Calories130Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.