Green Asparagus with Orange and FetaOn dine chez Nanou
Asparagus is a hearty and flavorful vegetable that is delicious when fresh. This recipe for Green Asparagus with Orange and Feta is a decadent side dish for any hearty meat main entrée. If you are serving a special dinner for a loved one, this is perfect for two. It takes 30 minutes to prepare. This recipe combines hearty asparagus with salty nuts and cheese for a tantalizing treat. Happy cooking!
- 1 bunch asparagus (green)
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- 20 grams pinenuts
- 1 blood orange
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 60 grams feta cheese (crumbled)
- fresh basil leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Wash asparagus and cut off 1 cm of each stem.
- 3Place on a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- 4Drizzle of olive oil and season with coarse salt.
- 5Bake for about 15 minutes until tender, but still crisp.
- 6On a small skillet, toast the pine until golden brown.
- 7Over a bowl, peel the orange, separate segment by segment by sliding the blade of a small knife in front of each white skin that separates the segments.
- 8Collect the juice in the bowl, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and f balsamic vinegar, season with salt and whisk with a fork to get a vinaigrette.
- 9To serve, divide the asparagus in each plate, top with feta cheese, orange segments, pine nuts and chopped basil leaves.
- 10Dress with a little vinaigrette on each plate.
PER SERVING *
|Calories350Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.