Pavlova is a meringue based dessert named after the Russian ballet dancer, Anna Pavlova. Typically topped with whipped cream and fresh fruit, the meringue base features a crisp outside and a soft, light inside. This recipe for pavlova is divided int…
individual portions for a unique individual dessert option. The meringue base is topped with a greek yogurt cream, drizzled with a melty dark chocolate sauce, and sprinkled with chopped almonds for a crunchy finish.
- 4 egg whites
- 200 grams superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 150 grams greek yogurt (sweetened)
- 200 grams heavy whipping cream
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons milk
- almonds (crushed)
- Preheat the oven to 140 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and draw 14 centimeter diameter circles on it.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks slowly adding in the sugar. When they are firm and shiny, whisk in the cornstarch and vinegar.
- Spoon the egg whites onto the preprinted circles and bake them 30 minutes until lightly golden.
- In the meantime, make the yogurt cream. Whisk the heavy cream into stiff peaks and fold in the Greek yogurt. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Remove the pavlovas from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the dark chocolate and milk. On medium power, microwave the mixture 1 minute. Stir and repeat until completely melted.
- Serve the pavlovas with the chocolate sauce and yogurt cream on top and sprinkled with crushed almonds.
|Calories620Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.