This greek yogurt mousse is a simple and delicious dessert. It comes together fairly quickly and then rests in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. It is great to make this a day before you plan to serve it, so it has plenty of time to set. You can customize this dessert as you please, changing out the fruit and herbs depending on what is in season or what you are serving it with.
- 400 grams greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 2 egg whites
- 80 grams sugar (spiced, with rum and vanilla)
- 4 gelatin sheets
- milk (splash of)
- berries (for garnish, optional)
- mint leaves (for garnish, optional)
- Soak gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Beat heavy cream and half the sugar.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
- Beat egg whites and add remaining sugar.
- Beat yogurt slightly.
- In a saucepan, heat milk and add drained gelatin sheets and mix well until gelatin is dissolved.
- Mix gelatin into yogurt.
- Stirring constantly, slowly fold the whipped cream and egg whites into the yogurt mixture.
- Fill prepared molds or containers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least four hours.
- To serve, garnish with red berries and mint.