Greek Yogurt MousseKooking
This greek yogurt mousse is a simple and delicious dessert. It comes together fairly quickly and then rests in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. It is great to make this a day before you plan to serve it, so it has plenty of time to set. You can customize this dessert as you please, changing out the fruit and herbs depending on what is in season or what you are serving it with.
- 400 grams greek yogurt (unsweetened)
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 2 egg whites
- 80 grams sugar (spiced, with rum and vanilla)
- 4 gelatin sheet
- milk (splash of)
- berries (for garnish, optional)
- mint leaves (for garnish, optional)
- 1Soak gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water until softened, about 10 minutes.
- 2Beat heavy cream and half the sugar.
- 3Set aside in refrigerator.
- 4Beat egg whites and add remaining sugar.
- 5Beat yogurt slightly.
- 6In a saucepan, heat milk and add drained gelatin sheets and mix well until gelatin is dissolved.
- 7Mix gelatin into yogurt.
- 8Stirring constantly, slowly fold the whipped cream and egg whites into the yogurt mixture.
- 9Fill prepared molds or containers.
- 10Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least four hours.
- 11To serve, garnish with red berries and mint.