- 1 pound bulk pork sausages
- 1/4 cup onions (finely chopped)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1/4 pound feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (frozen, 17 x 13-inch, thawed)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- In a large skillet cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat till sausage is done and onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Drain. Stir in spinach, feta cheese, parsley, white pepper and egg. Set aside.
- Unfold the phyllo dough. Spread 1 sheet flat; top with another sheet of phyllo. Gently brush with some of the melted butter. Top with the remaining sheets of phyllo, brushing each with butter. Reserve 1 tablespoon butter for top of pastry.
- Spread sausage-spinach mixture lengthwise over bottom third of layered phyllo dough to within 2 inches of ends. Fold ends over. Carefully roll up the phyllo. Place the roll, seam side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet; brush with the 1 tablespoon butter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or till golden.