Weeknight dinners are hard to pick because most times, you want a quick, easy, flavorful, and hearty meal that will make the whole family happy. This Greek-Style Chicken recipe takes 30 minute to make and is packed with flavor. This decadent dish combines healthy chicken breasts with savory vegetables and tantalizing crumbled feta cheese for a taste that is out of this world. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this as much as we do.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 650 grams chicken breast (pounded and in strips)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon green pepper (may substitute black)
- 1 onion (medium, thinly sliced)
- 2 zucchinis (sliced)
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup water
- 200 milliliters tomato puree (canned seasoned)
- 200 milliliters crushed tomatoes (canned)
- 200 grams feta cheese (crumbled)
- Salt and pepper the pieces of chicken. Heat the olive oil on high heat in a skillet and saute the chicken until brown, 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. Add the onion, zucchini, pepper and garlic to the skillet. Add the water, lower the heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and crushed tomatoes to the skillet, cover and cook on low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Add the chicken, mix well and serve over rice or couscous. Sprinkle with cheese.
|Calories450Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.