There's no need to head to the neighborhood diner to enjoy an authentic Greek salad; just toss one together yourself in your own kitchen. After all, it's just a matter of slicing and dicing the usual components, including tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, and onion, and then assemble them in a salad bowl with crumbled feta cheese and olive oils. Drizzle with a fruity olive oil and fresh lemon juice, toss, and serve.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1 onions (small)
- 100 grams feta cheese
- black olives (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- lemon juice (to taste)
- Cut the tomatoes in quarters and then in slices.
- Cut the green pepper lengthwise, remove the seeds, and cut into strips.
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise, remove the seeds, and cut into strips.
- Cut onions in half and then slice.
- Dice the feta cheese.
- Place the olives on top.
- Season with olive oil and lemon juice, to taste.