- 6 cups grape juice (wild)
- 1 lemon (strained)
- 1 package pectin (powdered fruit)
- 7 1/2 cups sugar
- To obtain 6 cups of grape juice, cut small bunches of grapes from large stems. Wash well.
- Cover with water, bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes.
- Drain through colander lined with cheese cloth or thin muslin.
- This recipe calls for pectin. Since the pioneer women did not have this they would cook some green fruit with the ripe.
- Bring to a boil. Add 1 package powdered fruit pectin and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in 7 1/2 cups of sugar. Bring to a rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim. Pour into hot jars and seal.