- sandwich spread (HERBED)
- 1 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise (® or Best Foods® Vegan Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (minced)
- ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 portobello mushrooms (stemmed and minced)
- 4 ounces dried tomatoes (sun-, packed in oil, drained and minced)
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- 8 slices cucumber
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup beets (shredded fresh)
- For Herbed Sandwich Spread, combine all ingredients together, season with salt, pepper and cayenne if desired.
- For Patties, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a sauté pan and sauté mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and onion until tender. In a bowl, mix with a potato masher remaining ingredients leaving the mixture slightly chunky. Divide mixture into 6 patties, refrigerate until firm.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil a skillet over medium heat. Cook patties until golden brown and warm, 15 to 20 minutes. (You can also do this in the oven at 350° for 20 minutes)
- For Assembly, use 1 or 2 lettuce leaves for your “bun”. Top with sliced cucumber, hefty dollop of herbed sandwich spread, patty, avocado, and a generous mixture of carrots, beets and sprouts.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.