- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 pound red potato (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease 1-1/2-quart shallow casserole dish; set aside.
- Heat Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat with garlic, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in potatoes, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are almost tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in cheese.
- Turn into prepared casserole dish. Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.