Grapefruit Tea-Ni SmoothieKitchenAid
- 1 green tea bags
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit (peeled and segmented)
- 1 green apples (cored and quartered)
- 1 cup baby spinach (fresh)
- 1/2 avocado (medium, pitted and peeled)
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or cayenne pepper, plus more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1To brew the green tea, steep the tea bag in the boiling water for 30 seconds, no longer or the tea will develop bitterness. Transfer to a sealed jar in the fridge to chill.
- 2Pour the chilled tea and all of the other ingredients (including any boosters) into the blender jar of the KitchenAidÂ® Pro LineÂ® Series Blender. Secure the lid and set the Blender to the Adapti-Blendâ„¢ Smoothie program. Blend until machine turns itself off. Alternatively, blend for 40-60 seconds, starting on speed 1 and gradually increasing to speed 10 or 11, until smooth.
- 3Serve immediately.