Granola bars are a great hand-held snack that can be created in all kinds of ways to pack a lot of punch to your morning, afternoon, or late night snack. This recipe calls for oatmeal, shredded coconut, chopped walnuts, raisins, chopped dried apricots, flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, brown sugar, honey, egg, and vanilla extract. It is a sweet and hearty snack any time of the day.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut (unsweetened, shredded)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricot (chopped)
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add vegetable oil spray to a skillet and place it on the bottom tray of the oven.
- Mix the oatmeal, walnuts, raisins, and apricots in a bowl.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- In a much larger bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and honey using an electric hand mixer. Mix for about 2 minutes until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix for another minute.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the oatmeal mix. Stir everything and mix well. Add the walnut mixture and mix well.
- Add the mixture to a lightly oiled baking dish, patting it down so that the mixture is level.
- Bake for 24 minutes, take the tray out, and allow it cool for 25 minutes.
- Cut into small square pieces and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories970Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.