Granola and Apple Rye MuffinsAnanás e Hortelã
Granola lends a wonderful crunchy texture to these muffins, and it's actually mixed into the batter as well as being used in the topping. Grated apple is also mixed into the batter for taste and textural contrast, while yogurt and coconut oil imparts more flavor and much moistness. But these muffins really get their distinctive taste from rye flour, and not in combination with other types of flour which is the norm. Serve them warm for breakfast on the go or as part of a leisurely brunch.
- 1/2 cup granola (homemade)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine (cut into small cubes)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 container plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apples (grated)
- 3/4 cup granola (homemade)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 2Grease some muffin tins and set aside.
- 3Start by preparing the topping.
- 4Combine the granola, flour, brown sugar, and margarine in a bowl and mix with your fingertips until it turns into coarse crumbs.
- 5In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the dark brown sugar, yogurt, and coconut oil until smooth.
- 6Add the rye flour, baking powder, and cinnamon until just combined.
- 7Do not overmix.
- 8Then add the apple and granola, making sure they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- 9Pour the batter in the muffin tins without overfilling them and sprinkle a generous amount of the topping over each one.
- 10 Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.