Granola CookiesAnanás e Hortelã
Nest time you find yourself with a surplus of homemade (or store-bought) granola in your pantry, these cookies are a wonderful way to use it up. The granola is combined with even more chewy, chunky ingredients, including dried cranberries, chopped white chocolate, sliced almonds and pistachios, and shredded coconut. Be sure to remove the cookies while they are still soft, as they will firm up when cooling on the baking sheet.
- 3 cups granola (homemade)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (and pistachios)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 14 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1Grease two large baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
- 2Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 3Mix the granola, breaking apart any clusters, with the cranberries, almonds, pistachios, coconut, hite chocolate and wheat germ.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- 6Add the sugar and beat well until creamy. Add the salt and egg and mix to combine.
- 7Add the flour and mix. Fold in the granola mixture with a spatula.
- 8Spoon mounds of the dough on the prepared baking sheets.
- 9Flatten the cookies with fingers. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- 10Remove from the oven while still soft.
- 11They will harden while cooling.