Grandpa’s Favorite BBQ PorkPORK
Go with traditional barbecue sides here—baked beans, corn on the cob, and slaw. To make the recipe even simpler, substitute your favorite bottled barbecue sauce.
- 3 1/2 lb. boneless blade pork roast
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup onions (diced)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (OR cider vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar (packed)
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the ketchup, water, lemon juice, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the pork in a slow cooker. Reserve 1 cup of the sauce and set the remaining aside in the refrigerator. Use a meat injector to inject the 1 cup of sauce into the meat, piercing it all over 6 to 10 times (depending on your meat injector, you may need to strain the sauce first). Cover the meat and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, until the meat is very tender.
- About 30 minutes before the meat is done, bring the remaining sauce to room temperature.
- Serve the meat with the sauce.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories90Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes