Grandma's Homemade BreadcrumbsKooking
If your sweet tooth is calling and you want to answer it with a delicious and decadent dessert that is out of this world, then this recipe for Grandma's Crumbs is the treat you have been searching for. This dessert will melt in your mouth and leave you guests wanting more. This dessert is best served with a tall glass of ice cold milk. You will fall head over heals for this one.
- bread crumbs (about three days old, cut into tiny crumbly pieces)
- streaky bacon (or pancetta)
- red pepper
- potatoes (thinly sliced)
- spanish paprika (smoked)
- garlic cloves
- blood sausage (Extremadura type is the best)
- smoked sardines
- botifarra sausage (Catalan white sausage)
- 1Moisten bread crumbs with water a few hours before starting preparation.
- 2It is important to spray with water, not wet completely.
- 3Heat oil in a deep frying pan and cook garlic cloves with until brown.
- 4Remove garlic from pan and set aside.
- 5Cook bacon in hot pan and let slow-fry until golden.
- 6Remove from pan and set aside.
- 7Cook potatoes with red pepper and fry until half done.
- 8Add half a cup of water.
- 9Add paprika and crumbs and stir in the pan.
- 10This may take an hour or more, depending on the amount of crumbs.
- 11Stir until crumbs are loose and dry.
- 12When they're almost done, add cooked garlic and bacon and cook together for about 15-20 minutes.