Grandma's Broa Bread - Thermomix recipeAs receitas lá de casa
Your grandmother may have never baked breads such as this one, but that doesn't mean you can't start your own tradition. Making the dough in a Thermomix takes all the guesswork out of the process and ensures perfect results every time. Walnuts, olive oil, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, and fennel seed combine to get the scones incredible flavor. Serve them warm, coated with sugar.
- 90 grams walnuts
- 250 milliliters water
- 125 grams olive oil
- 125 grams honey
- 250 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 250 grams flour
- white sugar
- 1Chop the walnuts for a few seconds on speed 4. Remove from the Thermomix and set aside.
- 2Weigh the flour and set aside.
- 3Put the water in the Thermomix cup and program to 3 minutes, temperature 100, speed 5.
- 4When the water is hot, add the nuts, water, olive oil, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, and fennel. Program for 5 minutes, temperature 100, speed 3.
- 5Add 125 grams of flour and set to 5 minutes, temperature 100, speed 3.
- 6When it's done, add the remaining flour and program again for 3 minutes, temperature 100, speed 3.
- 7Check for flour on the walls of the cup. If there is any, clean it with a spatula and program for 1 minute, temperature 100, speed 3.
- 8Remove the cup and let it cool for a while.
- 9Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 10Line a baking tray with a non-stick mat.
- 11When the dough is at a manageable temperature, form small scones and place them on the tray.
- 12Use a fork to lightly tread the dough.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes.
- 14Remove from oven and cool for 10 to 15 minutes in the pan.
- 15While they're still hot/warm, coat with white sugar.