Your grandmother may have never baked breads such as this one, but that doesn't mean you can't start your own tradition. Making the dough in a Thermomix takes all the guesswork out of the process and ensures perfect results every time. Walnuts, olive oil, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, and fennel seed combine to get the scones incredible flavor. Serve them warm, coated with sugar.
- 90 grams walnuts
- 250 milliliters water
- 125 grams olive oil
- 125 grams honey
- 250 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 250 grams flour
- white sugar
- Chop the walnuts for a few seconds on speed 4. Remove from the Thermomix and set aside.
- Weigh the flour and set aside.
- Put the water in the Thermomix cup and program to 3 minutes, temperature 100, speed 5.
- When the water is hot, add the nuts, water, olive oil, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, and fennel. Program for 5 minutes, temperature 100, speed 3.
- Add 125 grams of flour and set to 5 minutes, temperature 100, speed 3.
- When it's done, add the remaining flour and program again for 3 minutes, temperature 100, speed 3.
- Check for flour on the walls of the cup. If there is any, clean it with a spatula and program for 1 minute, temperature 100, speed 3.
- Remove the cup and let it cool for a while.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with a non-stick mat.
- When the dough is at a manageable temperature, form small scones and place them on the tray.
- Use a fork to lightly tread the dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 to 15 minutes in the pan.
- While they're still hot/warm, coat with white sugar.