- 7 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 pounds strawberries (chopped, plus additional 9 oz, quartered)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pectin
- 1 cup Grand Marnier Liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Place sugar, chopped strawberries, 1 cup water, lemon juice, pectin and liqueur in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan on low heat. Bring to to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Simmer, without stirring, 25-30 mins, until jam reaches setting point. Skim off any scum that forms on surface. Stir in quartered strawberries and vanilla.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal immediately. Store in a cool dry place. Once opened, store in the refrigerator.