Filled with hearty meat sauce and herbed ricotta, no one will miss the carbs in these keto-friendly stuffed peppers.
- 4 bell peppers (large)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 oz. ground beef (85% lean)
- 3/4 tsp. salt (for meat sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper (for meat sauce)
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (for meat sauce)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce (for meat sauce)
- 8 oz. low-moisture ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for cheese mixture)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (for cheese mixture)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (for cheese mixture)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (for cheese mixture)
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce (for tops of peppers)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (for tops of peppers)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Slice the tops from the bell peppers, remove the stems, and set aside. Remove the internal seeds and membranes. Arrange the peppers open side up in a glass baking dish.
- Set an extra-large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the ground beef, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning to the skillet. Cook the beef, breaking it up with a spatula, until thoroughly browned, 5-6 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories570Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes