How to make the perfect scrambled eggs. For a video demonstration, check out this YouTube video showing Ramsay himself cooking the eggs: https://youtu.be/PUP7U5vTMM0…
The most important thing about any scrambled eggs is to stop them from overcooking. Serve the eggs on a thick slice of toasted sourdough bread along with some on-the-vine tomatoes and flat cap mushrooms roasted in a pan with oil on low heat.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon of creme fraiche
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Put a pan on a generous heat.
- Crack 3 eggs into the pan with a generous glob of butter. Using a spatula, whisk the eggs and butter.
- Periodically take the pan off the heat while continuing to whisk the eggs. The heat contained in the pan will continue to cook the eggs. If the pan isn't removed from the heat often enough, or the eggs are allowed to sit for too long without being whisked, they'll quickly become overcooked..
- Once the eggs begin to thicken and are no longer watery, add 1/2 of a tablespoon of creme fraiche.
- Continue to whisk the eggs. Add a pinch of salt and pepper as well as some finely chopped chives.
- Serve on thick slice of toasted sourdough bread.