- 6 pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons drippings
- Using a small knife, make a pocket in chop by cutting into the center from the rib side, parallel to the rib bone and the surface of the chop.
- For stuffing, cook onion in butter until transparent and combine with rice, cheese, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Fill pockets with 3 tablespoons stuffing.
- Lightly brown chops in drippings 3-4 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt, place on rack in roasting pan; cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145-160 degrees F. Let rest 3 minutes before serving.