- 4 pork loin chops (cut 1-inch thick, butterflied)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup rice (cooked)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine water, apricot nectar, raisins, brown sugar and curry. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Drain, reserving liquid for sauce.
- For stuffing, combine the raisin mixture, rice, half the salt and the paprika. With a sharp knife cut an opening in side of each chop. Cutting parallel with the surface, begin near the center and cut towards edge but not to or through the edge. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the stuffing in each pocket.
- Place chops on unheated rack in broiler pan. Broil 6 inches from heat about 6-8 minutes on each side until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Season with the remaining salt, if desired, and brush with the reserved sauce.